About Our Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role?
Based in Mackay or working remotely, you will be responsible for providing product advice and support to a range of mining clients throughout the Mackay and surrounding regions.
Reporting directly to the Mining Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to use your exceptional customer service skills to develop relationships with your clients enabling you to work with them to achieve a common goal; whilst developing new opportunities, meeting KPI’s and Sales Targets and aligning with the Company’s strategic plans.
Experience within the Mining industry, a sales background and the ability to read and interpret diagrams, maps, parts breakdowns and pump curves is an advantage.
- Effective use of our systems and excellent communication skills are essential to the success of this role.
- To ensure you can provide the best service to your clients, this role includes:
- A company car, including maintenance and fuel
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Job security and stability
- Competitive salary, plus superannuation
- Access to in-house product and technical database and industry experts
- Be familiar with or possess the ability to acquire knowledge of:
- Grundfos, Wilden, Stalker, Flowserve and other mining pump ranges
- Water/Sewerage treatment systems
- Poly pipe, steel and PVC pipe and fittings
- Correctly troubleshoot, size, and select pumps, pumping accessories for client recommendation.
- Read and interpret parts breakdown diagrams and spare parts lists for pumps and pumping equipment.
- Achieve KPI’s and sales targets.
- Develop and maintain sales skills, market, technical and product knowledge.
- Provide exceptional customer service experiences by consistently managing Client expectations.
- Prepare quotations for internal and external customers based on a design.
- Effectively utilise CRM system.
- Adhere to strict manual handling, safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
- Previous sales experience in the pumping or mining industry is an advantage, this may be inclusive of:
- Pumps & pumping equipment;
- Pipes, valves & fittings;
- Water treatment & filtration equipment;
- Ability to design pumping/water treatment systems;
- A track record of sales success including Client Account Management & Business Development.
- Knowledge of the Queensland Mining Industry is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and collaboratively with a team, to achieve successful outcomes.
- Be presentable, reliable, and passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and have strong attention to detail
Be computer literate and have high technology and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results, on time and on budget.
- Hold a current driver’s license and be legally permitted to work in Australia.
If you are seeking a genuine career opportunity and would like to join Queensland’s leader in this industry, then send us your CV and cover email. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake an assessment relative to the role to demonstrate their knowledge and ability