About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role
Providing administrative support to both Administration and Engineering teams this role is an integral component to our busy team with a varied task load and plenty of scope to learn.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to be a flexible and self-motivated individual who is passionate about exceptional customer service but also committed to learning the required knowledge to support our products and services.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, you will the ability to work with minimal supervision, adhering to strict manual handling and safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies. As part of our team, you will also have a good track record of working collaboratively with others to produce great results.
Candidates will require the abilities to:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Assist the Engineering Team with project tender and project preparation and reporting
- Contract administration and document control
- Reconciling and processing of project progress claims and pro forma invoices
- Provide general administrative support to the Engineering Team and Managers as required
- Reconcile job cards and complete job costing Invoices
- Quickly adapt to our internal Accounting and Support software packages
- Accurately handle cash and Eftpos transactions
- Carry out Word Processing and Spreadsheet processes in the Office Suite to an intermediate level
- Provide backup support to our Payroll department
To be eligible for this position, candidates must:
- Be reliable and passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Be able to work within a team and independently
- Be able to multitask, priorities and have strong attention to detail
- Be computer literate and have high technology and communication skills
- Have cash handling and EFTPOS experience
- Be able to work Saturday morning roster
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
Experience, Skills and Qualifications an advantage but not essential
- Keyboard proficient
- Microsoft office capabilities, Excel an advantage
- Experience with software/business packages or operating systems ie SAP, Momentum Pro
- Payroll and/or accounting capabilities
- Construction/Mining Project administration experience
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.