About The Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role
We are looking to employ a high-achieving Domestic Workshop Administration Support person who is passionate about exceptional customer service but also committed to learning the required knowledge to support our products and services. You will need experience working with minimal supervision, adhering to strict manual handling and safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
As part of our friendly team, you will also have a good track record of working collaboratively with others, when required, to produce great results. You will be responsible for our customers experience every day so having high standards of your own performance and of your teammates is critical to your success. This role is based at our head office in Mackay.
Candidates will require the ability to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers;
- Perform basic administration duties including but not limited to, incoming/outgoing phone calls, recording customer details, creating job cards, preparing quotes, issuing parts, uploading of data to intranet, updating diary entries and liaising with customers of the status of equipment repairs;
- Read and interpret parts breakdown, diagrams and spare parts lists for pumps and pumping equipment;
- Seek price and availability of pumps, spare parts, pumping accessories and provide quotes to customers;
- Reconciling and filing of job cards.
- Adhere to strict manual handling, safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
- Conduct stock control audits and perform general housekeeping duties.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must:
- Have minimum two years’ experience in a similar role;
- Be presentable, reliable and passionate about providing exceptional customer service;
- Have excellent organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure without supervision;
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and have strong attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of IT systems;
- Good communication skills;
- Hold a current driver’s license;
- Be able to work Saturday morning roster;
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.