About The Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 50 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About The Role
Based within the Mackay and surrounding region this role encompasses a variety of industrial electrical tasks predominately within the agricultural, Mining and water treatment sectors. Tasks such as installation and fault finding of domestic and industrial pumping systems.
Electrical experience with pumps and basic understanding of fluid dynamics is an advantage.
- Ensure compliance with procedures, applicable standards and statutory requirements (particularly in reference to voltage drop, current capacity and wiring).
- Fault finding and troubleshooting with internal and external clients.
- Electrical works involving but not limited to installing, fault finding, trouble shooting, conducting repairs and maintenance to pumps, irrigators and VSD controllers.
- Assist with onsite electrical works and commissioning.
- Control circuit design and modifications.
- Fault finding and programming of PLC, HDMI and VSD.
- Terminations, splicing and test and tag of electrical equipment.
- Good understanding of electrical drawings
- General building installations, maintenance and repairs (lighting, GPO’s etc.).
To be eligible for this position, candidates must:
- Be a qualified Trades Person – Electrical Fitter / Electrical Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years’ electrical experience.
- Have a background in industrial electrical control systems and previous electrical experience involving pumps, Scada systems, Process electrical and VSD control systems.
- Hold a current manual Driver’s License.
- Be self-motivated, have strong attention to detail and exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia.
- Supply own hand tools.
The following experience and current competencies / qualifications will be an advantage, but not essential:
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Generics
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.