About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 50 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role:
Our Industrial Infield team enjoy the diversity of different work fronts on a week to week basis for our Agricultural and Industrial customers where the majority of work sites sees you going home every night. We also service our local Mining industry across the Bowen Basin for service and installation requirements.
Candidates applying for this position must be flexible with working hours and be able to work away from home. Mine site inductions, civil experience and agricultural water management experience is an advantage for this role. Site Supervisor experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Strip, assess, repair, and maintain pumps and pumping equipment including turbines and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues relating to a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Complete service reports
- Have initiative, work independently and within a team
- Communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Adhere to strict safety standards, follow corporate work procedures and policies
- Be a qualified Trades Person.
- Have a minimum of 3 years ‘mechanical fitting experience (trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance)
- Hold a current manual Driver’s License (MR Licence an advantage)
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Supply own hand tools
Experience and current competencies / qualifications an advantage:
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Forklift / Dogger / Rigger Licence
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Generics
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Poly Welding Competencies
This is a varied role with the opportunity to gain further knowledge and experience in the pumping and water treatment industry. Candidates will receive a competitive remuneration and access to numerous employee benefits across the Dowdens Group.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted