About The Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 50 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic self-starter that is passionate about delivering a high level of customer service but also committed to learning the required knowledge to support our products and services. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be supporting and working alongside the external sales reps to provide the high level of customer service our clients deserve as well as aligning with the company strategic plans.
- Have sales experience with internal / external customers including Client Account Management
- Be able to work Saturday morning roster
- Be presentable, reliable, and passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and have strong attention to detail
- Be computer literate and have high technology and communication skills
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Read and interpret parts breakdown diagrams and spare parts lists for pumps and pumping equipment
- Develop and maintain sales skills, market, technical and product knowledge
- Conduct stock control audits and perform general housekeeping duties
- Have cash handling and EFTPOS experience
- Effectively utilise internal POS & CRM systems.
- Knowledge of external systems and portals such as Ariba is an advantage.
- Experience in stock handling & stock control inventory
- Be familiar with or possess the ability to acquire knowledge of:
- Household water filtration, sediment and UV stabilisation products and systems
- PVC and poly pipe and fittings
- Pool water testing and pool chemical knowledge an advantage
- Pumps, Irrigators and spare part identification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.