About Our Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family-focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role?
Based in Mackay Qld, you will be required to design, plan and quote turf and landscape irrigation systems for a wide range of clients including but not limited to local and surrounding councils, parklands, farms, sporting facilities and residential properties.
With a background in irrigation design, you will be required to work with clients to design efficient irrigation systems that improve water efficiency and reduce financial waste whilst meeting regulatory standards.
Effective communication with clients and internal departments is essential to ensuring the expectations of both the client and company is met.
Long term career prospects and company car, mobile phone and laptop provided.
- Conduct site visits for the purpose of quoting, planning and designing turf and irrigation systems
- Prepare tender documents, quotes, client presentations and ensure accuracy with cost/time/resources
- Liaise internally with other departments and staff for the purpose of planning irrigation installation
- Achieve KPI’s,. sales targets and effectively utilise CRM system
- Seek and develop new opportunities with new ideal Clients
- Develop and maintain sales skills, market, technical and product knowledge
- Adhere to strict manual handling, safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
- Have a high level of irrigation product knowledge and system design
- Knowledge and understanding of pumps and pumping equipment
- Irrigation, trenching and pipe-laying experience or knowledge
- Must have Autocad / Irricad Irrigation Design Software experience
- Hold a Certified Irrigation Designer (CID) qualification or be willing to undertake this training
- Be presentable, reliable and passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and have strong attention to detail
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake an assessment relative to the role to demonstrate their knowledge and ability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.