About The Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 50 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Payroll officer to join our team based in Mackay. The key purpose of the role is to fulfil the day-to-day operations relating to all aspects of payroll.
Reporting directly to the Safety and Human Resources Manager, you will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, adhering to corporate work procedures and policies. As part of our team, you will also have a good track record of working collaboratively with others to produce great results.
- Weekly payroll processing for all employees across the Dowdens Group aligned to relevant awards and Enterprise Agreement
- Maintenance of employee payroll records
- Payroll deduction payments
- End of month reconciliation and disbursement of payments
- Upload Superannuation monthly to clearing house
- Monthly payroll tax calculations and payments
- Develop knowledge of Dowdens Group businesses, systems and procedures
- Ensure that safe work practices are upheld at all times
- Have minimum two years’ experience in payroll for 100+ employees
- Office 365, and payroll system experience (Sibiz/Visypay program experience an advantage)
- Single Touch Payroll (STP2) experience
- Qleave / portable long service leave knowledge
- Maintain relentless attention to detail and confidentiality
- Follow and contribute to internal procedures and continuous improvement
- High level Communication – verbal, written and face to face
- Meet goals and targets with the ability to self manage time and priorities
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake an assessment relative to the role to demonstrate their knowledge and ability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agent candidates.