- Family friendly hours of work
- Competitive rates
- Diverse range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Local respected family owned and operated business for over 45 years
About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to enhance their skills and knowledge working on various types of pumps and pumping equipment within the Mackay and Bowen Basin Region. The successful candidate can expect to work on a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment, water treatment, pivots and turbines from various industries including Agricultural, Industrial and Mining. As part of our friendly team, you will also have a good track record of working collaboratively with others, when required, to produce great results. This role is based at our head office in Mackay.
Workshop roles offer diversity in the wide range of pumps and pumping equipment we service and repair. You will have an opportunity to work with a likeminded team including Supervisors, Estimators and Technicians, allowing you to focus on doing your job and doing it well. Our family friendly hours will allow you extra time to spend on the things that matter most to you as well.
Our Industrial Infield team enjoy the diversity of different work fronts on a week to week basis for our Agricultural and Industrial customers where the majority of work sites sees you going home every night. We also service our local Mining industry across the Bowen Basin for service and installation requirements. Infield roles include the additional benefit of a company vehicle and mobile phone.
- Strip, assess, repair, and maintain pumps and pumping equipment including turbines and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues relating to a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Complete service reports
- Have initiative, work independently and within a team
- Communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Adhere to strict safety standards, follow corporate work procedures and policies
- Be a qualified Trades Person.
- Have a minimum of 3 years ‘mechanical fitting experience (trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance)
- Hold a current manual Driver’s License (MR Licence an advantage)
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Supply own hand tools
Experience and current competencies / qualifications an advantage:
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Forklift / Dogger / Rigger Licence
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Generics
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Poly Welding Competencies
- Previous demonstrated experience in a Supervisory or Leadership role
Candidates applying for an Infield Industrial Pump Fitter position must be flexible with working hours and be able to work away from home. Mine site inductions, civil experience and agricultural water management experience is an advantage for this role.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter that states which position you are making application for (Workshop Based Pump Fitter / Infield Pump Fitter or both).
This is a varied role with the opportunity to gain further knowledge and experience in the pumping and water treatment industry. Candidates will receive a competitive remuneration and access to numerous employee benefits across the Dowdens Group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.