About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 50 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role:
Workshop positions available for both trade qualified fitters and trades assistants who have the drive to improve knowledge, gain experience and grow their career in the pumping and water treatment industries.
Our Workshop offers diversity in the wide range of pumps and pumping equipment we service and repair. You will have an opportunity to work with a like-minded team including Supervisors, Estimators and Technicians, allowing you to focus on doing your job and doing it well. Our family friendly hours will allow you extra time to spend on the things that matter most to you.
- Strip, assess, repair, and maintain pumps and pumping equipment including turbines and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues relating to a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Complete service reports
- Have initiative, work independently and within a team
- Communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Adhere to strict safety standards, follow corporate work procedures and policies
- Have a minimum of 3 years fitter / trade assistant experience (trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance)
- Hold a current manual Driver’s License (MR Licence an advantage)
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
- Supply own hand tools
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
Experience and current competencies / qualifications an advantage, but are not essential:
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Forklift / Dogger / Rigger Licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Poly Welding Competencies
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies.