About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to enhance their skills and knowledge working within the Brisbane and Southeast Region. The successful candidate can expect to work on a wide range of pumps, pumping equipment, water treatment equipment and associated systems from various industries including medical, mining, agricultural, hospitality and industrial. Electrical experience with pumps and basic understanding of fluid dynamics is an advantage.
- Assist Sales Teams with quoting electrical control components, labour times and installation methods.
- Liaise with Engineers and Draftsperson/s to create and edit electrical designs, drawings and layouts.
- Sourcing equipment information from preferred suppliers (eg. Technical data, pricing and product lead times).
- Provide technical assistance to Sales teams and Workshop employees.
- Electrical works involving but not limited to installing, programming of PLC, HDMI and VSD, fault finding, trouble shooting, conducting repairs and maintenance to pumps, water treatment systems/plants, sewerage treatment systems/plants and VSD controllers.
- Assist with onsite electrical works and commissioning.
- Control circuit design and modifications.
- Terminations, splicing and test and tag of electrical equipment.
- General building installations, maintenance and repairs (lighting, GPO’s etc.).
- Ensure compliance with procedures, applicable standards and statutory requirements (particular adherence to AS/NZ 3000:2018 Wiring Rules)
- Be a qualified Trades Person – Electrical Fitter / Electrical Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years’ electrical experience.
- Have a background in industrial electrical control systems and previous electrical experience involving pumps, water treatment systems and plants, sewerage treatment systems and plants and VSD controls.
- Hold a current manual Driver’s License.
- Be self-motivated, have strong attention to detail and exceptional communication skills.
- Have excellent computer time management skills
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.