- Long term Career prospects tailored to the Domestic, Agricultural and Industrial Markets
- Fantastic entry level opportunity
- Staff discounts and corporate benefits across the Dowdens Group
About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family-focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role
Working alongside our experienced and knowledgeable sales teams, you will have the opportunity to learn in a hands-on environment all facets of pumping, water treatment and irrigation across a wide range of industries.
You will have the passion and dedication to seek solutions and develop knowledge of both Dowdens and industry products, systems and techniques used to achieve the best outcomes.
A positive and enthusiastic approach is essential whilst being able to communicate effectively, work as a team and use technology is a critical component of your success in this role.
Candidates will need the ability to acquire through training, or already possess:
- Knowledge of:
- Pumping and irrigation systems, products and their applications.
- Household water filtration, sediment and UV stabilisation products and systems.
- PVC and poly pipe and fittings.
- Pool water testing and pool chemical knowledge
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment (centre pivots, hard hose irrigators and linears) is an advantage
- Cash handling and EFTPOS experience
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot, size, and select pumps, pumping accessories for customer recommendation
- Read and interpret parts breakdown diagrams and spare parts lists for pumps and pumping equipment
- Develop and maintain sales skills, market, technical and product knowledge
Candidates will require the ability to:
- Be presentable, reliable and passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Be able to multitask, prioritise workloads and have strong attention to detail
- Be computer literate and have high technology and communication skills
- Be able to uphold and implement the company values
- Adhere to strict manual handling, safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
- Conduct stock control audits, ensure the showroom is presented in an organised manner and perform general housekeeping duties.
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.